Click On Underlined Text to Read More About Tom’s Achievements
1. FIGHTING THE CARTELS and partnered with police to DISMANTLE 14 Cartel Operations and PROTECT THE BORDER.
2. FIGHTING FOR ARIZONA by personally arguing and winning a U.S. Supreme Court case that reduced the power of the federal government to interfere with Arizona’s laws. Court overruled Ninth Circuit unanimously.
3. FIGHTING VOTER FRAUD by PERSONALLY defending Prop 200 in the United States Supreme Court. Following instructions of the U.S. Supreme Court, the Federal District Court held that Arizona could require evidence of citizenship when people register to vote, as a result of Tom Horne’s personal argument to the U.S. Supreme Court.
4. FOUGHT CHILD MOLESTERS and CORRUPTION the only Attorney General in history to do something significant about Colorado City. This is where young girls are kept in harems by older men, while the young men have been expelled. Expended $400,000 to help Mohave County Sheriff patrol Colorado City, breaking the monopoly of local Marshalls under the control of dominant Church, and enabling girls held in harems to escape.
7. FIGHTING UNDERAGE SEX TRAFFICKING Co-chair of the Task Force on Underage Sex Trafficking, to increase penalties for those who sell underage girls, and inform the public of the seriousness of the problem.
14. FOUGHT TO PROTECT ARIZONA JOBS by negotiating a guarantee that the U.S. Airways/American Airlines merger would not eliminate Phoenix as a hub or reduce services to other cities, protecting 17,000 Arizona jobs.
17. FOUGHT FOR VETERANS by starting a nationally-recognized program to train emergency responders on how to deal with veteran PTSD and brain injuries that was honored by the Journal of Emergency Medical Services and the National Association of EMT’s.